(I'm the one next to the old guy)

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Today we didn’t land anywhere

In fact, for the first time this trip we are not travelling between islands or into inlets. We are travelling down the coast. On our port side is Canadia, and on our starboard is, well, Japan. We are in open sea.

To be honest, I am not impressed. I can definitely feel the ship moving. For the second time since stepping onboard, I have chickened out and taken a motion-sickness pill. Again, it was when in our room. Once I started moving around, no problem.

When you think about it, there is no way that when you are on a ship on the open sea, you won’t feel movement. All the stabilizers can do is to stop you bobbing around like a cork.

Did a few onboard events. There’s a naturalist onboard who gave talks on eagles and orca today. Interesting guy.
We also checked out a talk about the navigation processes of the ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment