(I'm the one next to the old guy)

Friday, June 24, 2011

Leaving town

Left Lake Louise today.

Last night, I went for a wander down to the lakefront, to see if the hotel gets lit up. No it doesn't. To be honest, it would probably be detrimental to the view below.

However, it never seems to get fully dark there, at least not while an old fart like me is conscious.
The lake looks amazing at 2300. Just like this.



Need I say more?

On the way back to Calgary, we popped in to have a look at Banffff. This is another town doing a damn good job of recreating a Swiss village in Canadia.
Here's what I mean.



But if you think THAT is impressive, check THIS out!!!


Holy Crap!!



This is the Fairmont Banffff Springs Hotel. I'm thinking a cross between the castle at Disneyland and Colditz Castle.

Damn, that's impressive!

I tell you what, in winter, this place will be absolutely crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment