(I'm the one next to the old guy)

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Still in Seattle

Our hotel is right in the middle of Pike Place Market, one of those trendy village-market places that the tourists love, so why not perch right in the thick of it?

The hotel also has free wifi, so I can sit here and write...this.

Went for a walk today to the AT and T store, to get the sim I bought in CHC activated and put some coin onto it. Mostly data required. As I may have mentioned before, the glorious iPhone needs to be in constant touch with the mother ship, so 100meg a month is about right.

By the way, and this is for Nicci's benefit in particular, there is interesting news about the sim.
We bought this one in CHC on Trade Me. Perfectly kosher I guess, $25 and I pick it up myself.
The alternative is to buy it from the USA SIM website for USD19.99, plus postage. Home or my first hotel, my choice how much postage I want to pay for.
Anyway, the guy in the AT and T store told me that if I don't use it, the sim and the number will expire in a few months. So next time I come to the states, I need a new sim.
But he went on to say, that if I get the sim from them, I pay for the usage I plan to use, and they will give me the sim. Free. Gratis. Au complimentaire.

He was actually quite amused that I paid for the sim at all.

So, Nicola Jane. When you come to the land of the round white capitalist, pop into any AT and T store and they will give you a free sim to go with whatever prepaid plan you buy. So I'm told.

By the way, for those who want to text us while we are away, here is the number: +1 206 605 5595
But please don't get carried away. These bastards charge me for sending AND receiving any communication at all, and I don't get to decide which texts I am happy to pay for.

No comments:

Post a Comment