(I'm the one next to the old guy)

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Driving in Canadia

OK, so she gave me a key, but there is no key attached. There is a key fob with no key attached. Instead there looks like a plastic usb stick with a panic button on it. Best don't go near that!
I push the unlock button and the door unlocks, so maybe I don't need a key. They talk about keyless entry, so maybe it's true at last.

I load the bags. This car has 2 rows of back seats, but I can't figure out how to put the back seats down to expand the boot. I manage to get 1 bag in the back, so I put the other one on the back seat. Luckily there are just the 2 of us in this tank.

So, we are sitting in the car, ready to go. Kind of freaky 'cos there really isn't anywhere for the key to go, if I had one!

There is a big button where a key should be, that says START. I would have thought it would say IGNITION or LAUNCH or something like that, but then they don't let Jeremy Clarkson design car dashboards.

After a bit of mucking around, I get the car going, and the GPS turned on.
GPS is essential to us. I may have mentioned this before, but it is worth repeating. EVERY time we hire a car without GPS, we get lost. EVERY time! Australia, Sweden, Amrika. Every time.

So we are off. You've got me, driving a big-arsed Amrikan car, with the steering wheel on the wrong side, on the wrong side of the road, with Sarah trying to navigate, with Sarah trying to tell me how to drive. "Slow down". "Go to the left". "Slow down". "Not that way!" Stressful.

Yes, I know, I don't do stress, but this is as close as I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment