(I'm the one next to the old guy)

Sunday, March 10, 2013

End of the line

We made it back to Delhi in one piece. Sarah slept quite well, because the train got in early and parked. No shaking.

Did I enjoy the trip? Hell yes!

Were the rooms on the train a little tatty? Sure. Did it matter? Actually, no.

Was the service onboard good? It was excellent.

Were the bus tours good? They were great.

Were the restaurants for lunch and dinner good? Brilliant.

Would I advise others to do this train trip? Absolutely.

Would I do it again myself? Actually, yes I would.

Is there anything I would recommend they improve? Sure. The rooms need freshening up, and some of the power sockets were a little dodgy, but that's just first impressions.

Would I recommend any preparation before the journey? Absolutely. Make sure you can sleep on a train. This is surprisingly important. Most people took a couple of days before they got much sleep. And then there was Sarah. She told everybody that she would not get a good sleep until the last night. Apparently, she is never wrong.
Also, a minimum level of fitness is kinda essential. There is a fair bit of walking to get the most out of it. And as I said, the steps can be a little intense for a minute or two.

I'm not talking athlete fitness. A fat slug like me is fine, but it was a little much for Sarah's mum by the end. We have only recently convinced her to ask for a wheelchair in airports, because of the long distances. She always used to trot alongside Bishu's wheelchair, loaded up with more hand luggage than Sarah would ever want to see on her watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment