(I'm the one next to the old guy)

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Diseases

I haven't mentioned diseases much. I guess that's because everybody takes them for granted over here.

What always amused me over the years, though, is the world-wide panic over things like mad cow , bird flu, HN something. The diseases themselves didn't amuse me. It's that they were never mentioned in India and Bangladesh. But I can see why.

Bird flu is like the little fat new kid with the geeky glasses. He parks himself up the front where the teacher can see him, but in the back row are the rough kids. Malaria, typhoid, cholera. You just know that the new kid is going to get his glasses broken, his lunch money stolen, and his undies pulled up over his head before the day is over.

So no. No mention of the pussy flues here, thanks. We have the industrial strength models here.

No comments:

Post a Comment