(I'm the one next to the old guy)

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Getting out of Dodge

So we head off to the Airport. I dutifully pop into the bathroom and change into something more respectable than the shorts I have been baking in for the last few days.

Then we join the queue as check-in opens. We were told that an ex QF person was on staff-travel for this flight, but never saw them.
Got to check-in EVENTUALLY. I know there were only 2 check-in agents at this early kick-off, but SO SLOW! Skill levels must be being dumbed down world-wide. We know the flight is slightly oversold, but hey, that's no problem usually, right?

The guy checks us in to standby. Fine. He then takes our bags and tells us to get our seat numbers at the gate. Surprising, but promising. So, off we go through security. I forgot to take off my belt before the waterless shower, so the guy on the other side tucks my shirt in for me. Friendly...

The departure lounge in terminal 7 is less boring than the check-in area. Duty free (not for us, domestic only today), shops, food court. We get maccas. I had an angus burger, but here they have one with mushrooms and swiss cheese. Can't wait for that to arrive in NZ.

There was also a Brookstone store. I have seen these in Vegas in the past. Gadget stores, I guess like the G4men thing back home. The girl there was demonstrating a remote controlled helecopter thingy called a "Parrot quadricopter Drone". It has 4 helicopter blades to manoeuvre.
Anyway, it also has 2 video cameras. One facing forward, and one facing down. Very, very cool.

But wait, there's more. Guess what you can use to control it?
The iPhone!
I KNOW!!!

Only $299. What a bargain!

You know that it was never going to happen, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment