(I'm the one next to the old guy)

Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Murray River

 Doing a day trip to see the environs. 

It includes a stop at a fruit shop called Beerenberg. 

As luck would have it, they have a connection with Sarah’s boss. 


Off to Murray Bridge, for a  cruise up the river. 



Saw some big beasties that would make the world’s largest KFC portions. 

Pretty sure it’s the first time if seen these live.



I’m reminded of a little ditty my father told me once:


A funny old bird is the pelican

Who can hold more in his beak than his belly can

He can hold more in his beak

                       Than I can eat in a week

And I can’t see how in the hell ‘e can


After that, it’s back for a pitstop in Hahndorf.


A bloke shop. Not a husband smorgasbord, more of a man cave. 



The odd old house as well.

The driver was a complete nutter. A pommy import, full of dad jokes. Roy is just a bloody good bloke  


Oh, and we saw 3 unlucky kangaroos on the road through the Adelaide Hills today.


No comments:

Post a Comment