(I'm the one next to the old guy)

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Last day in Shanghai, Part Deux

We survived the night, and went down to breakfast.

Its a buffet, and consists of congee and steamed buns.
Not hungry.

We wait in the foyer for our shuttle. I have wifi access, so can use the translator on my phone.

Fun fact:

  • Google is website non grata in China. 
  • As a result, Google translator won't work.
  • There are many translators in the app store.
  • Many of them use Google translator to do the heavy lifting.
  • Best look into what drives you translator of choice before parachuting behind the lines.
Using my Chinese government-approved translator, I asked the reception staff to get us on the next shuttle. They told me we had booked the 1000 shuttle. It was about 0600. We are asked to wait.

In the foyer is a sign about shuttle services to Shanghai Disneyland. We must be close.

We saw what may have been the hotel shuttle pull up, and the driver came in and headed in for breakfast.

A while later, he comes out, followed by a couple of tourists. They get into the van. I look at reception. Nothing.

I go up to reception and show them my translator.
"Is that the shuttle?"

"OH!!!!" She trots off and catches the driver as he's about to drive off. 

We get our ride to the airport. T2. Air New Zealand.


No comments:

Post a Comment