(I'm the one next to the old guy)

Monday, September 15, 2014

Daisy Duke

How many remember the Dukes of Hazzard? More specifically, how many remember Daisy Duke, played in the tv show by Catherine Bach?
Now for the really tricky one. Who remembers her shorts? I know, right?

They were the fashion for far too short a time (no pun intended). I guess there weren't enough legs around that could carry them. Certainly not where I grew up. 
Unfortunately, that era was replaced in popularity by what I call the "if it fits me it suits me" era. What everybody else calls Lycra. Stretch jeans, stretch tights, stretch everything. Yuck, yuck, yuck!

The guys at DuPont must be spinning in their graves. 

Anyway. 

Did anybody wonder where all those tiny shorts went to die? And those cut-off, frayed jeans as well?

I have the answer, people. 

Honolulu. 

They're everywhere, and it's AWESOME!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment