(I'm the one next to the old guy)

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

My face feels funny

Remember my previous posts about keeping motion sickness at bay?
Well I have a little box of those arse-kicking mints in my pocket for the drive there and back.

On our way back from the dentist, I pop one into my mouth. Leave it in the same place in your mouth and you risk it burning a hole though your cheek, and falling on the floor. So move it around regularly.

Suddenly, it's gone. I can't feel it. I'm sure I haven't swallowed it. I certainly haven't chewed it. But it's gone. No wait, there it is. Unbelievable! It had moved into the side with the anaesthetic, so I couldn't feel it any more. Weird, huh?

Anyway, after catching up with Sarah's mum at the hotel pool, we had lunch there. I had a smoothy. Didn't feel like solids. Then we go for a walk. One block away is a mall called Siam Paragon, so that's worth a look. Actually, it feels a lot bigger than the central world one attached to our hotel. Much more open, more mall-like.

Sarah and her mum are at the L'occitane counter, trying to justify buying enough gifts for friends to qualify for a free tote bag. Close but no prize. Shoes, makeup, handbags. Oh I feel so masculine in this mall. There are a couple of 'girls' behind the makeup counter who are also a little more masculine than they should be. Yikes!

We loiter around long enough for dinner in the food court. More liquid for me. We walk back to the hotel in the dark, lots of people, lots of lights and lots of activity.

Time for bed, says zebedee.

No comments:

Post a Comment