(I'm the one next to the old guy)

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Celine

The next night was the Celine Dion concert.

At the Colosseum at Caesars Palace. Our seats were last minute cheap ones, so we were up in the gods. It took three escalator rides to get up there. Seriously! Three!

Having said that, they were great seats. In the old proscenium theatres, the further up you went, the steeper the rake of the seats. The top tier seats, the gods, were so steep that if you tripped you feel as though you wouldn't touch anything till you went through the stage.

Not here. The rake was the same as the 2 tiers below is. Actually, we were close to the stage than the people in the back row downstairs.


I will admit it. I am a fan. I don't go to meetings yet, but that may come.

I remember the first time I heard Celine Dion on the radio. I had never heard of her, and I actually thought I was listening to Cher. Not many women with strong, powerful voices back then.

It didn't hurt that she did the odd song by Jim Steinman, the guy behind all of the Meatloaf power ballads, and some of Bonnie Tyler's better known ones.

The concert was impressive.
She's been at it for a while now, but the power was all there, and it appeared simply effortless. She's good. Better than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment